What is a Gastric Sleeve
A Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, commonly known as a Gastric Sleeve is one of the most common bariatric procedures today. Is a restrictive type of Weight Loss Surgery that permanently reduces the size of the stomach, thereby limiting food intake as well as the sensation of hunger.
Gastric sleeve is performed laparoscopically and the surgeon removes approximately 80 percent of the patient’s stomach, leaving only a tube (or “sleeve”) for the new and smaller stomach pouch. The new stomach is then stapled, and the small intestine is left intact. As the removed portion of the stomach is where the hunger-stimulating hormone ghrelin is produced, the Gastric Sleeve not only limits the amount of food, but also relieves you from the Hunger Sensation.
Am I eligible for a Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
The first step to determine if you are a good candidate for a Gastric Sleeve is getting in touch with one of our patients coordinators to fill a quick Health Questionnaire. Within 24 hours after receiving your information, one of our bariatric surgeons reviews your case and determines if you are a good candidate for Gastric Sleeve Surgery.
- Your BMI should be at least 30 (exceptions are granted if you have co-morbidities).
- You should be between 16 and 65 years old (exceptions are granted on a case-by-case basis).
- Need to have realistic expectations regarding the result of the surgery.
Gastric Sleeve FAQ's
What’s Included in your Gastric Sleeve Surgery Package?
Our medical travel package for the VSG surgery in Mexico is priced at $4,150 USD and includes performing the surgery at Hospital CER top rated Hospital in Tijuana. Also includes:
- All evaluations before & after the surgery.
- All surgeon & anesthesiologist fees.
- Your personal US based Case Manager, in every step of your journey.
- Hospital stay of 2 nights in Tijuana.
- All nursing & hospital fees.
- Transportation from the San Diego Airport to Angeles Hospital and viceversa.
How much does the Gastric Sleeve cost?
We understand the commitment and effort you have to invest in your new and healthier life, not only at a personal level but also financially. With this in mind, we have created All Inclusive Packages that covers everything you need to come to Tijuana to start a new life (except airfare).
Gastric Sleeve Package
- Hospitalization (2 nights)
- Surgeon Fee.
- Anesthesiologist Fee
- Ground Transportation.
- Hotel (2 nights)
- Take Home Medication
- One year post operative support.
- Nutritional plan.
Request Cash Pricing
To discuss the Gastric Sleeve or other bariatric surgery with one of our doctors, contact us. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the gastric sleeve surgery and support you in making positive change in your life.