There’s no shortage of information on the internet about weight loss surgery, but so much information can be overwhelming and often missleading. Many patients have come to us missinformed and with several missconceptions about what weight loss surgery really is, because of wrong information they have found on the web. Which can, at some point be even dangerous. For this reason I thought important to curate a list with the 10 bariatric surgery blogs (for patients) you need to follow, if you are considering Weight Loss Surgery:
1. BariatricEating.Com Is one of my favorite, because offers insigghtful information, Bariatric plans, recipes, info, support and products.
2. BariLife.Com is the blog maintaned by BariLife, a multivitamin formula designed by a surgeon with the specific needs for postbariatric patients. It features important nutrition information and useful diet tips
3. GastricSleeve.Com is a forum and multiauthor blog feed by real patients. It is a straight source for first hand information supplied by patients like you.
4. Penn Medicine – Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Blog
Learn about bariatric surgery and get the support you need to continue on your weight-loss journey. Penn Medicine Blog offer workouts, recipes and tips from Bariatric Surgery program team members, and stories from patients like you.
5. BariatricGirl.Com Yvonne McCarthy is a musician, photographer and health and wellness coach who underwent Weight Loss Surgery on 2001. Her blog issues excellent information about Bariatric Surgery
6. TheWLSBlog.com Ana underwent Weight Loss Surgery in 2014 and since has written a blog were you can find tips for a long term and healthy weight loss.
7. ASMBS for patients More than a blog is a patient learning center maintaned by the ASMBS (American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery). The patient learning center is a must if you are considering Bariatric Surgery.
8. MyBariatricDietitian.Com The founder of My Bariatric Dietitian, Megan Moore (Registered Dietitian) through a combination of wellness education, bariatric-appropriate recipe inspiration, product recommendations helps bariatric patients find inspiration for meals.
9. Bariatricity.Com Bariatricity, provides essential resources, specialized support, and nutritionist-approved guidance regardless of where you are at on your weight loss journey.
10. ObesityCoverage.Com is a curated source of information about Bariatric Surgery. It is explained in a clear way and it’s definitely one of the sources of information I recommend the most for patients starting their Weight Loss Surgery journey.